Tuesday, September 16, 2008

lots to post...

Okay, so part of the reason I haven't posted for a while is because it has been crazy around here. We got the leftovers of Hurricane Ike a few days ago in wind storm form (75 mph!) and it made a lot of people power go out (like over 300,000). Our power was out over 28 hours and that was about three days sooner than we were expecting so we feel really blessed. There are still thousands without power here in columbus and they don't expect everyones power to get fixed for another week - the mayor declared it a state of emergency today so it has been pretty scary. It has also been an eye opener that emergency preparedness is really important. Here are a few pictures of the damage that the storm caused...


our back fence blew out and our grill blew over, luckily our dish is still intact




Huge trees were blown over everywhere



Here are some pics of our house that I have been meaning to post. I am only done with the main floor and it is still a work in progress...


here is the kitchen



here is the front room



8 comments:

clairesmom05 said...

The house looks great! I see Heather won the rug color fight! I can't wait to see more! We're glad you're all okay...it looks like the storm was pretty bad. Give Jadyn a kiss for us!

Jared and Jessica said...

your place looks so cute! that wind storm was crazy!

Karrissa Winward said...

Your house looks cute! Glad you guys are safe!

Britni said...

Dang, you guys got it a lot worse than we did! We have seen a few trees down and shingles off houses, but nothing like that! That sucks you lost power...you should have come to hang out with us!

Danielle and Brian said...

Heather your place looks great lets just start with that and I"M SO SORRY ABOUT THE DISASTER! I wish we were closer that we could do something for you. thats just crazy! How scary!

Ericka said...

glad you are all okay...your place looks so cute as does jadyn!

Broc and Julie said...

You house is so cute...you always decorate so great Heather! I am glad that you two are okay and that their wasn't to much damage from the hurricane. We miss you here in Logan!

Melinda said...

your house is decorated so cute! I love it.