Saturday, October 25, 2008

I miss my mommy!

My mom just left a few days ago after staying with us for two weeks - let me rephrase that - two wonderful weeks! My dad came for a few days to go to a buckeye football game with Jordan (and to see Jadyn). It was so much fun having her here. She took me shopping (because I am still wearing maternity clothes! when I went to church last week and I was wearing the same dress as a pregnant girl - so humiliating!) and I also got some new shoes because my feet have grown 1/2 a size since I had Jadyn - maybe they did that to even out the top half. I don't mean to complain so much - I really am so happy to have Jadyn, let's just say I don't think my body will ever be the same!  I also got a sewing machine, with some assistance from my mom, and I am so excited. We made curtains for Jadyn's room while she was here (pictures below) and I am way excited to start more projects. I also got some really good napping in - I finally got rid of an eye twitch that I've had since I had Jadyn.  All in all it was so great having her here to spend time with me and Jadyn (I would say and Jordan, but he is pretty much gone all day) and I already miss her! So thanks mom for coming and spending two weeks with us! 


First, here are some cute pics of our baby in her cute outfits...



aren't these tights cute on her bird legs!

Here are some pics of her room, which is still a work in progress...


here is her crib that I painted (I do not recommend painting cribs - it took way to long)



My Grandpa Andersen made this cute book shelf for her

here is the changing table I painted to match the crib


here are the curtains me and my mom made

Jadyn with her Grandpa and Grandma...





Thanks Mom and Dad - we miss you and love you!


18 comments:

Curtis and Whitney Giles said...

Aren't moms the best! Jadyn's room is darling! I also love seeing her in her outfits!

Karrissa Winward said...

I hate when mom leaves!! I love Jadyn's orange and brown sweater and outfit- so cute. Her room turned out great! I love the wreath in the frame, what a great idea!

Britni said...

I love Jadyn's outfits! Dang cute! I miss my mommy, too! that is way nice she was able to stay for 2 weeks!

spintzdee said...

oh my heck, her room is adorable! Props on the curtains, I'm totally impressed! Memories of crib painting: you and mom "sharing" the side of the crib between your laps on the lawn chairs, horrible back pain, horrible headaches(from all involved), sanding for hours and hours...I'm sure there's more, but I feel sick just thinking about the whole process! Jadyn looks darling as usual in her outfits! Love you all!

clairesmom05 said...

oops that comment was actually from me, although I'm sure Spencer hated all the painting we did as much as we did!

Danielle and Brian said...

oh fun!! heather you are so domestic!! Man I should have had you teach me lots of things before you left like sewing!! geez..I have always wanted to learn. congrats on the machine that is awesome! One of these days I will have my mom teach me!! I love the curtains, I think they so so darn cute and you looked great before you three left so I cant imagine that you look bad!! We Miss you and I bet it was so great to have your family there!! I will be like crying everyday till I get to see my family out at dental school...when we make it out there!!

Jen said...

That is so nice your mom could come and stay for so long. Mommas are the best!

HDVB said...

So cute heather! I love the outfits...aren't mom's just the best?! also, the room is adorable! and so is jadyn! :) see you guys hopefully sooner rather than later!

Skye O. said...

My parents just left too! Isn't it hard to say 'goodbye' again and again? Makes us enjoy every minute we get with Gpa & Gma! Jaydn is so cute! Hope you're enjoying OH.

Lacey said...

Jadyn's so darling in all of her outfits! And it's so much fun when family comes to play. I'm glad you had such a great time with your parents there.

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Hey! Don't worry! I miss my mom still and she left several months ago from visiting me.

I also gained about 1/2 a shoe size after having Ethan! DOn't worry if you wear the same dress that you saw on a pregant lady..she's probably thinking...
"Man! I wish that I looked that good in the dress!" Yeah for shopping with MOM"S

Brian Hanks said...

Good looking girl! Ours has bird legs too, I wonder what they'll look like when they get older?

Have fun cheering on a good football team. It's gotta be nice to have one...

Keslers said...

Moms are the best! I love her room, it so stinkin cute. I can't believe how big she is either, crazy how time flies.

Unknown said...

Your daughter Jaydn is sooo precious! As well as all of the cute decor! This is Ashley Beal btw. Me and my husband used to work at Ham's with Jordan. Tell him "HI" for us and I hope everything is going well for you guys out in Ohio!!

Heather said...

That's so fun that you mom got to visit! Her room is so cute, love the curtains! I'm jealous too...girls have the cutest darn clothes, she is so cute!

clairesmom05 said...

We were just looking at these pictures again, and although I think that she looks like Heather when she makes her funny faces (from when you were a baby, not now!) she looks SO much like Jordy in that second to last photo with Mom. How sweet!

Tim and Melissa said...

You are so crafty! Her room looks darling. Adorable pictures of Jaydn too. I'm sure you look amazing! No, your body will never be the same (mine wasn't...still isn't), but it does get better with time. My feet grew 1/2 size with Dylan too, but luckily they didn't seem to grow this time with Easton. Yay!

Adams' said...

jadyn is so adorable. such a cute room to. Good job on the crib and cute decorations. Don't worry about the pregnancy clothes. It is possible to get back to your pre-prego weight okay. You will be fine! Give it a little time. I finally got back to the weight that I was when I married korey. Yea!! I can't wait to see you guys during the holidays (hopefully)