Since our time here is coming to an end, we have taken every opportunity to visit places that we have been wanting to see these past 4 years. For Easter weekend we drove to Virginia, where we stayed with our good friends the Crowthers. We were able to tour around Virginia, visit with some other good friends who are in dental school at VCU (the Hone's), spend a day in D.C., and celebrate Easter. It was a whirl wind trip, but it was so worth it :).
We took a little tour of a canal in Virginia that George Washington designed to transport goods. It was pretty fun and the kids loved riding in a boat.
The next day we headed to D.C. and tried to pack in as much as we could. Of course there is way to much to see - I had no idea it was so huge!
 |
| Brody and Jadyn sharing a smoothie in front of the white house |
 |
| Any one out there watch Gilmore Girls? Love it. |
|
|
|
|
|
 |
| The two newest members of the secret service. I love how Jadyn can strike a pose. |
 |
| Luckily we didn't entirely miss the cherry blossoms - they were lovely. |
 |
| Next we visited the Lincoln Memorial. This was probably my favorite. His statue was so huge and I loved seeing the exact spot that Martin Luther King stood to give his famous speech. So cool :) |
 |
| The whole gang :) |
 |
| O-H-I-O! |
 |
| The Museum of Natural History - cool, but way to crowded. |
 |
| One of my favorite things we did was head to Georgetown. We ate some yummy BBQ, and then went to Sprinkles Cupcakes (this would only mean something to you if you watch cupcake wars). Seriously the best cupcake I've ever had. I still dream of it. |
The next day was Easter Sunday. It was a beautiful day and the kids looked so cute in there Easter outfits :). We went to church with the Crowthers, checked out what the Easter bunny brought the kiddos, had an Easter egg hunt, a yummy lunch, and then headed home.
 |
| So excited to collect Easter eggs while sporting her new ballet outfit the Easter bunny brought her. |
 |
| I love her :) |
Thank you so much Crowthers for letting us come stay with you and have such a fun weekend!
8 comments:
Yay for roadtrips! Glad you guys got there and had a fab time :)
Listen your kids are the cutest!! We are gonna miss you guys!
I'm so jealous. My sister lives in Virginia and I've been dying to go out there for a visit. Your family is so cute! And I loved your Gilmore Girls D.A.R reference. Taking a picture by that is totally something I would do. :)
We did the same kind of thing at the end of our dental school time. Where have you guys decided to go? Please call if there is anything we can do to help. What an exciting time! Good luck! You have a darling family!
D.C. looks like such a fun place to visit! I'd love to go there someday! Looks like you and your darling family had tons of fun!
How awesome to see all those sites!! And I love the OHIO pic. Made me laugh :)
P.S. Did your mom tell you I saw her at Maddox?
So fun! We love DC and miss it tons!
fun trips! Where are you guys moving to? How exciting!
Post a Comment