Saturday, March 31, 2012

Winter in a nutshell...

That was such a beautiful title to write - it is officially Spring! I'm officially terrible at blogging! This might just be the way it is - updates after every season. This winter FLEW by so fast it feels like it didn't even happen. Jordan is now in his last quarter of dental school, which means job hunts, preparing to move across the country (not sure where yet - hopefully this will be reported in my next post!), and no longer living the care free (for the most part) student life. I already miss Ohio and we haven't even left yet! I know how fast these next 2 months will go though and I wish there was a way to slow it down.

Just for journaling sake I wanted to show a few pics of our winter...

Every year after Thanksgiving my mom's family has a tradition of making homemade chocolates. It is an all day process and a lot of hard work. It is amazing how many pieces of candy we end up with!

This is the chocolate machine we use to dip the centers - it is a messy job!


The girls in there Christmas dresses :)


Jadyn helped decorate one of Nana's trees. I'm sure Nana really appreciated this :)


Christmas morning!


Playing Uno Moo with Claire!

We went and visited Temple Square. So pretty, but so cold!


Jordan and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary by going up to Logan and staying the night. The next day we went ice skating with my brother and his fiance Kelsey. Ice skating is a lot harder than I remember and I needed this walker to boost my confidence - pretty sure Jordan did not want to claim me. Don't worry, I set it aside after a few minutes


We put Jadyn in her first swim class and she loved it (minus that she was the only girl, that really bothered her)


A fun activity we like to do in the winter is go swimming at the RPAC (the rec center at the University) with our friends - it is free on the weekends!

Jadyn still loves going to the pet store and holding the little puppys

Hadlee loves the fishy's

It has been an unusually mild winter here in Ohio. There were many days we went out to ride bikes - it was fabulous!



Winter also makes for a lot of lazy days. I love how these two like to sit next to each other with there blankets and suck there thumbs.






Seriously, they are addicted to there thumbs. I realize I just made it look like I put my kids in front of the TV everyday. Remember it has been forever since I posted, this is the accumulation of many months - don't judge!

6 comments:

bobandhaley said...

It's good to see what has been going on with the Humbert family. I laughed at the ice skating picture, you look like and old woman :) Cute girls, my boys are thumb suckers as well.

Bart and Krista said...

Seeing those pictures makes me miss Ohio. The pet store is definitely one of our favorite Winter activities. (I'm sure the employees rolled their eyes when they saw us walking in!) Glad you're ready for Spring.

clairesmom05 said...

There are too many things to comment on..where to begin? Let's start with how your girls watch tv all day long! haha I was dying! After seeing that pet store puppy I can't wait to go there! And don't worry about being a bad blogger..I haven't done it for over a year! Oops!

Melinda said...

Those thumb-suckers are so freakin' cute. I've got one of my own and I love it.

Whit said...

found you! haha! can we please go swim at the rpac before you guys leave!!!!! (so sad about that, by the way.)

Natalie said...

Nice to see you guys on the blog again! Looks like you are having fun!