Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lately

There hasn't been anything to exciting going on lately, but when I go to long with out posting pictures of Jadyn my mom lets me know about it! A few weeks ago we had some pretty rainy days (or should I say weeks) here. It can get pretty boring when we can't go outside so I took the opportunity to practice some new hairstyles on Jadyn, because I need some serious practice fixing her hair in fun ways.
of course Jadyn would not look at the camera

her first piggy's

once again, this girl will not look at the camera!


Luckily the weather has dramatically changed and we have had some fun times going swimming, going on walks, and going to the park. A few days ago we went with Krista and Whitney to the rose park. It was so beautiful with all the roses in bloom, and the girls loved it!





Jadyns new thing is too pull a chair up while I am cooking and either eat or "help" me cook. Even when I try to be sneaky and not let her know I'm cooking, as soon as she hears me in the kitchen she comes running in saying "chair! cook!"

She thinks she is pretty cool when I put an apron on her - so professional!

All I'm saying is - this girl is going to be the next Food Network Star...

These next pictures may be boring for most of you, but I had to show my mom my "garden". Here are my cute peas...

A couple of my friends and I planted this herb garden and I love it!

This is what I harvested from the herb garden recently - parsley and basil

I made some pesto with the basil - this may not look that appetizing, but in person it was so bright and green and yummy!

here is the pasta I made with the yummy pesto - once again I need to work on my culinary picture taking skills, but believe me, it was good!

7 comments:

RandeeLynn said...

You're gonna have to show me how to make that pesto sauce!!

Lacey said...

Love the cute piggy tails! And I'm totally drooling over your pesto... I love the stuff but have never had it fresh... yum! :)

clairesmom05 said...

Oh yeah...drooling....love me some pesto!! Cute piggies! Great job!

Taryn said...

I love that she wants to help. That is a good thing even if it may make actually getting any cooking done a little bit harder :) Love her hair. Wish Stella had some.

Bartholomew said...

Love the apron, love the Rose Park pics and I totally want that recipe for that pasta. It was de-lish!
-Krista

Jen said...

I love the piggy loops!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Way cute hair styles! I need some new ideas with my little girl!

Love that Jaydn likes to cook! sooo cute! Hope you are doing well! we should hang out sometime!